READING, Pa. - A woman in Reading got a scare when she woke up and found a man with a butcher knife inside her home.
Alejandro Martinez broke into the house in the 600 block of Tulpehocken Street in Reading on Tuesday evening, police said.
Martinez threatened the woman and demanded money, police said.
Martinez was charged with robbery, making terroristic threats and related offenses.
- Updated Vehicle hits apartment building in Wyomissing
- Bethlehem Twp. police search for purse snatchers
- Candidates for Allentown mayor weigh in on the issues
- Today cooler, closer to seasonable with more clouds than sun
- Yo ho ho! Pennsylvania aims to smash US embargo on Cuban rum
- Girlfriend's on-air killing drives anchorman into politics
- New Salvation Army opens in Berks
- First responders practice emergency preparedness at LVIA
- President Trump signs executive order on trade while in Pennsylvania
- Crews rescue woman from Allentown fire