WOMELSDORF, Pa. - A wanted man is now behind bars after being found inside a vacant home in Womelsdorf with more than 100 packets of heroin, police said.
Anthony Spencer Jr. had about $2,500 worth of heroin and $906 in cash when he was apprehended Thursday by Womelsdorf police and Berks County sheriff's deputies inside 30 N. Sixth St., said Chief John Pontician, Womelsdorf Police Dept.
Spencer, 26, was wanted on two domestic relation warrants. He was charged with criminal trespass and drug offenses and committed to the Berks County Jail on $75,000 bail.
- Berks football fans flock to NFL Draft in Philadelphia
- Ace Hardware to open distribution center near Berks-Lebanon border
- 287(g) program hot topic at Berks commissioners meeting
- Robbery suspect may be linked to other holdups, police say
- More than 100 businesses to strike on May Day
- Reading Health System honors its volunteers
- Police standoff ends in Bethlehem; man taken out of home after 5 hours
- Updated PSP troopers injured in struggle with bar patron
- Quakertown CSD OKs proposed final budget
- Updated Woman dies after being attacked by her dog in Upper Macungie
- Sunrise Chef: Sagra Bistro in Hellertown
- Police allege DUI suspect four times over the limit
- WFMZ says goodbye to Rosa Duarte
- Young woman tried using 83-year-old's ID to buy iPhones, police said
- Life Lessons: Calories in your cup of joe
- Warm again today with some sunshine