BERN TWP, Pa. - A search is underway for a Berks County Jail inmate who, state police said, failed to return from his work release assignment.
Randy Allen Robertson is now facing an escape charge for not returning to the jail in Bern Township at 6:30 p.m. Thursday, police said.
Police did not say why Robertson was incarcerated or where he was working.
Robertson, 24, of Reading, stands six feet, two inches tall and weighs 175 pounds.
Anyone with information about his whereabouts is asked to call state police at 610-378-4011 or Crime Alert Berks County at 877-373-9913. A cash reward is being offered for information that leads to his arrest.
- Two zoos mourn the loss of Ernie the giraffe
- Memorial Day services across Berks County
- Visitors celebrate at Dorney Park despite rainy weather
- A place of healing for veterans
- Walking a mile in their shoes
- Weather stops big guest at Pottstown Memorial Day parade
- 'Taps' echoes over Bethlehem
- Marking Memorial Day in the Lehigh Valley
- No extreme warmth or cold over the next 7 to 10 days
- Car fire slows traffic on I-78 near Hellertown