CUMRU TWP., Pa. - One person was killed and another was injured in a crash that closed a stretch of Route 724 in Berks County for a few hours late Tuesday night and early Wednesday morning.
The accident involved a vehicle that hit a tree around 10:20 p.m. in the 1300 block of Route 724, between Route 10 and Valley Stream Road, in Cumru Township.
Both people in the car wre rushed to the hospital, but the male driver died a short time later, according to police, who had no information on the extent of the female passenger's injuries.
The victims's names have not been released.
Route 724 reopened around 2 a.m. Wednesday.
Money meant to help sick children ended up in the wrong hands, according to police.Read More »
- Casino owners to get first shot to bid on new mini-licenses
- Firefighters delayed by careless drivers, illegal parking
- Reading celebrates start of Hanukkah with menorah lighting
- Berks DA leads push for tougher sentences in fentanyl cases
- Business consultant pleads guilty in Reading corruption case
- Reading Fair contest winner qualifies for Wing Bowl 26
- New Snow likely Wednesday night into early Thursday morning
- Updated Deputy sheriff's sons killed in Schwenksville house fire
- Woman steals donations for children's hospital, police say
- Updated DiNardo to face death penalty if he breaks deal with officials
- Updated Air Products no longer looking at Allentown for headquarters
- Allentown police seek Easton man in shooting
- Thieves steal $100K from scrap metal company
- Pa. Legislature exits 2017 with flurry of votes, defeats
- Slate Belt contractor accused of stiffing clients
- Cappuccinos and counterfeits at Starbucks