WYOMISSING, Pa. - Wyomissing is one the top teams in the state right now. But Saturday, the Spartans took time to pay respect to their past before their game against Fleetwood.
The first class of the Wyomissing Football Hall of Fame was inducted before the game.
Among the ten-man class was current head coach Bob Wolfrum. He is the one of the most successful coaches in Berks football history.
Other inductees included former NFL players Ross Tucker and Matt Lytle, as well as Penn State standout Brad Scovill.
On the field, the Spartans took care of business, defeating Fleetwood in a route.
While the Class of 2012 enjoyed the time to come back and reconnect with the program, they brought it full circle in the end. They paid respects to one of their fellow inductees, Coach Wolfrum, who's example still makes it's mark on today's Spartans.
A Berks County congressman is joining some of his fellow lawmakers in working to find solutions to human trafficking.Read More »
- Police ID suspect in shooting of man in Reading
- Reading postpones opening of city-owned swimming pool
- Oley student killed, brother injured in crash in Ruscombmanor
- Quaker Maid plant mural to portray images unique to Reading
- One Tank Trip: Coach #72 at WK&S Railroad in Kempton
- Former BCIU director, RSD superintendent enters race for Congress
- Curtain goes up tonight on 15th annual Freddy Awards
- Updated Warrants issued for man in attack on person with cerebral palsy
- Updated Frackville police investigating man's 'suspicious' death
- Updated Health Beat: 3D mammograms or not?
- Pennsylvania's highest-paid CEO among top 10 in US
- Pa. Turnpike expects 2.3M vehicles over Memorial Day weekend
- Two more suspects in Salisbury Twp. raid appear in court
- Man arrested in hit-and-run crash with school bus
- Arts Around Town: SATORI's 'Shadows of the Samurai' involves specialized art in translation
- Smucker joins bipartisan effort to combat human trafficking