READING, Pa. - A Reading man is locked up on $1 million bail on charges he raped a child in 2010.
Members of the Berks County sheriff's office fugitive task force and detectives with the district attorney's office apprehended Xavier Lacosta-Franco without incident at a home in the 1300 block of North 10th Street in Reading, officials said Friday.
Authorities could provide no additional details about the incident for which Lacosta-Franco was wanted.
Lacosta-Franco, 29, was arraigned Friday morning on several charges, including rape - threat of forcible compulsion, statutory sexual assault, corruption of minors and aggravated indecent assault.
He was committed to the Berks County Jail.
A man who robbed two stores within hours of each other in Berks County on Wednesday is now behind bars, according to police, who said they believe the same suspect may have committed other holdups in Berks and Lehigh counties.Read More »
- More than 100 businesses to strike on May Day
- Reading Health System honors its volunteers
- Disguised deadly drug in Lancaster could soon be in Berks
- Prosecutors seek harsher sentence for ex-congressional aide
- House votes to toughen animal cruelty laws, tethering rules
- Crash closes Route 422 East between Mount Penn, I-176 exits
- Updated Convicted cop killer Eric Frein sentenced to death
- Updated Robbery suspect may be linked to other holdups, police say
- NFL Draft kicks off in Philadelphia
- Updated Arts Around Town: Allentown JazzFest joins with Allentown Art Museum in diverse programming
- Possible lethal batch of heroin leads to 6 overdoses, 1 deadly in Easton
- Clouds and some sunshine today as a big-time warm-up gets underway
- Updated Tractor trailer catches fire at Rt. 22 and Schoenersville Rd. in Bethlehem
- Ex-Penn St officials to be sentenced in June over Sandusky
- Allentown police arrest 3 for passing fake checks
- Updated Police: Suspect in killing of Delaware trooper shot dead