READING, Pa. - Air is the key ingredient in a science lesson at Alvernia University in southwest Reading.
The Girl Scouts of Eastern Pennsylvania are teaching 250 Hispanic girls from Northwest Middle School in Reading about air and how it relates to science.
The goal is to give the girls a better understanding of science, and the chance to study in a college setting.
- Crews knock out 2-alarm house fire near Bechtelsville
- Grillers BBQ for a good cause
- Cabela's honors 'hometown heroes'
- Group hopes to open medical marijuana dispensary in Berks
- Hopkins pulls off massive comeback to down Alvernia at NCAA Regional
- Kingery's 2nd blast propels Fightins to 6th-straight win
- Updated Cosby 'holding up' as jury pick gets underway
- Updated Cooler and cloudy this afternoon with areas of rain and fog
- Coroner identifies Lehigh County man killed in Allentown police-involved shooting
- BUSH to rock Sands Event Center this summer
- Easton's Common Space Kitchen gives food entrepreneurs a launching point
- LIVE original lineup to perform at Musikfest this summer
- Rock icons Godsmack to headline Musikfest Aug. 9
- Lehigh County man charged with attempted homicide
- New Jersey police allege gun company sold defective guns
- Small plane crashes in Pennsylvania field, pilot not hurt