Just when you think Fiona, the baby hippo born six months premature at the Cincinnati Zoo, couldn't get any cuter, the international phenomenon took center stage when two of her fans got engaged last week.
Hayley Roll and Nick Kelble were at the zoo to celebrate their one-year anniversary as a couple and stopped by the zoo's Hippo Cove to get their picture taken with Fiona.
After waiting in line for their photo opp, Hayley handed her cell phone to a stranger, who captured the moment when Kelble got down on one knee and popped the question -- with Fiona watching through the glass.
Roll told the Daily Buzz the proposal caught her by surprise, and the photobomb by Fiona wasn't planned either. The couple had been following Fiona's plight since she was born dangerously early in February, setting off a life-and-death struggle that went viral.
As for the happy couple, Roll and Kelbe plan to wait until 2019 to get married.
Republicans have made a very big deal pitching their tax reform plan as an elixir for economic growth.Read More »
- GOP unveiling major tax code overhaul
- At least 35 killed in Yemen airstrikes
- Zoo gets 'hippopotamus for Christmas'
- Omarosa to leave White House
- Doctors save baby born with heart outside her body
- The Geminid meteor shower is upon us and might be one of the best ever
- Updated 2 boys killed in Schwenksville house fire
- Pizza delivery driver shot in East Stroudsburg dies
- Pa. Legislature exits 2017 with flurry of votes, defeats
- Slate Belt contractor accused of stiffing clients
- Cappuccinos and counterfeits at Starbucks
- Life Lessons: Wisdom Wednesday: Body image
- Updated Fire damages restaurant in Allentown
- Developer sues town of Phillipsburg over hotel
- Firefighters delayed by careless drivers, illegal parking
- Lehigh Township supervisors hold the line on taxes for 2018