Dryer vent sparks house fire in Schuylkill County, officials say

Woman inside home treated for smoke inhalation

House catches fire in Rush Twp.

RUSH TWP., Pa. - Fire crews in Schuylkill County had a busy night after two fires broke out within minutes of each other.

One was reported around 11:50 p.m. Wednesday at 4 East Main St. in Rush Township.

One person at the residence, Sandra Gerber, was treated for smoke inhalation, officials said.

Police said it appears the blaze broke out in an area near the dryer vent.

The other fire was in McAdoo about a half hour later.

DISCLAIMER FOR COMMENTS: The views expressed by public comments are not those of this company or its affiliated companies. Please note by clicking on "Post" you acknowledge that you have read the TERMS OF USE  and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Your comments may be used on air. Be polite. Inappropriate posts or posts containing offsite links may be removed by the moderator.

Allentown, PA 18102




  • %

This Week's Circulars

Latest from the newsroom