LANCASTER, Pa. - The lone survivor of a horrific house fire in Lancaster County has lost his battle to live.
Two-year-old Kordell Kuhns passed away at Crozer-Chester Medical Center around 4PM, hospital officials said.
The Fourth of July fire that claimed 6 other members of his family broke out around 3 a.m., in the 100 block of Clay Street.
Frozen potatoes in the oven sparked the blaze, fire officials said.
The toddler's two brothers, Skylar Kuhns, 8, and Shawn Kuhns, 6, died at the hospital Thursday. That same night, the toddler's sister, Mikey Kuhns, 4, also died. Friday morning, the toddler's mother, Crystal died from her injuries, and his father, David, was found dead in the home.
The homeowner, Jimmie Moore, 64, a Vietnam War veteran, also lost his life in the fire. Moore had allowed the Kuhns family to live with him because they have no place else to go, relatives say.
Moore's son says he cannot stop the onslaught of nightmares.
"I just kept imaging him on the floor all night last night, and thinking that he was right there, waiting on him to get up. I was going to reach down and be like Dad, it's time to get up. And it's just hard," said Jimmie Brock, son of Jimmie Moore.
Now, loved ones have the difficult task of preparing several funerals.
Relatives say they are waiting for the autopsies on three bodies to be completed before they can move forward with funeral preparations.
The Kuhns family did not have life insurance, so a fund has been set up to help the family with funeral costs.
If you would like to help out, you can make a donation at any Wells Fargo branch.
Donations should be made out to: Kuhns' Babies and Family Memorial Fund.
Allentown, PA 18102
- Lehigh Valley 69 News