BANGOR, Pa. - A Bangor man has lost about $17000 in stolen property right from his own home.
Police say last Tuesday at about 1:30 a.m., a man drove onto 52-year-old Leon Vanderpool's property and made away with Vanderpool's 2006 PA International Trailer and his 2001 Bob Cat 331.
The trailer, with recently-replaced decking boards, has an estimated value of $2000 while the Bob Cat, which has an attached excavating arm with thumb attachment, has an estimated value of $15000.
The Bob Cat is white in color with a fair amount of rust showing.
Police say surveillance video show a man attached the trailer, loaded with the Bob cat, to his vehicle and then drove off.
The suspect was driving a dark-colored SUV, possibly a Chevrolet Tahoe or Suburban.
Anyone with information is asked to call the PSP Belfast at 610-759-6106 and reference M06-1527972.
More than $2 billion is spent annually on tourism in the Lehigh Valley, and that number is expected to increase.Read More »
- Lehigh Valley Allentown School Board considers tax hike to balance budget
- Lehigh Valley Lower Nazareth Board of Supervisors passes medical marijuana ordinance
- Lehigh Valley Allentown Rotary fountain receives Lehigh County OK
- Western New Jersey Warren County Freeholders call a meeting of mayors
- Lehigh Valley Easton City Council tables action on Billy's Diner lease agreement
- Berks Exeter police enforce zero-tolerance policy on township's roads
- Coroner identifies man found dead in Schuylkill River
- Man's 'suspicious' death in Frackville ruled a homicide
- Artvana could take the place of former Mayfair Festival
- Former Phillies pitcher Jim Bunning Passes Away at 85
- Holiday travelers will encounter rising prices at the pump
- Summer recipes on the grill
- Gregg Allman of the Allman Brothers Band Dies at Age 69
- World War II veteran discusses issues faced by those returning from war
- 75-year-old man dies days after crash on Route 22
- Memorial honors Lehigh Valley veteran