BUSHKILL TWP., Pa. - The Bushkill Township Board of Supervisors announced that the official ribbon cutting ceremony for the PPL Trail will be held next Friday, April 12th at 2:30 in the afternoon.
The trail is a result of a $200,000 Grant awarded to the Township from the Department of Conservation and Natural Resources in 2009.
The land used for the trail was donated to the Township from PPL and links the Jacobsburg State Park to the trailhead located off of State Route 512. It is approximately three miles long, starting at the intersection of Keller Road and Belfast Road.
Supervisor Chairman Brien Kocher will be speaking at the event along with Vice Chairman Jason Smith on behalf of the Environmental Advisory Council for the Township.
- Lehigh Valley ASD hires Alvin Butz for school projects
- Berks Berks commissioners talk future of tax-free municipal bonds
- Lehigh Valley Easton adopts 20-year comprehensive plan
- Lehigh Valley Lehigh County supports anti-gerrymandering bill
- Lehigh Valley Allentown Parks & Rec Committee gives nod to new 'Auburn Cross Trails Park'
- Berks Reading parents vent frustrations over safety in schools
- Route 222 reopens after crash closed it for nearly six hours Friday
- Woman loses more than half her body weight after 140-pound mass is removed
- Lily's Hope Foundation provides "packages of hope" to families with premature babies
- Updated Motorists seeing slightly lower gas prices in New Jersey
- Updated Judge: Only one Cosby accuser can testify at sex assault trial
- Updated Lafayette College asks for temporary dorms amid rise in applicants
- Local movie experts preview the Oscars
- Warm weather in Berks means time for ice cream
- Allentown's Police Athletic League keeping kids on the right track
- Safe travels, Ed: A new generation honors the Greatest