BUSHKILL TWP., Pa. - The Bushkill Township Board of Supervisors announced that the official ribbon cutting ceremony for the PPL Trail will be held next Friday, April 12th at 2:30 in the afternoon.
The trail is a result of a $200,000 Grant awarded to the Township from the Department of Conservation and Natural Resources in 2009.
The land used for the trail was donated to the Township from PPL and links the Jacobsburg State Park to the trailhead located off of State Route 512. It is approximately three miles long, starting at the intersection of Keller Road and Belfast Road.
Supervisor Chairman Brien Kocher will be speaking at the event along with Vice Chairman Jason Smith on behalf of the Environmental Advisory Council for the Township.
- Lehigh Valley ASD hires Alvin Butz for school projects
- Berks Berks commissioners talk future of tax-free municipal bonds
- Lehigh Valley Easton adopts 20-year comprehensive plan
- Lehigh Valley Lehigh County supports anti-gerrymandering bill
- Lehigh Valley Allentown Parks & Rec Committee gives nod to new 'Auburn Cross Trails Park'
- Berks Reading parents vent frustrations over safety in schools
- Hazmat situation reported in Northampton County
- Police investigating string of cell phone store robberies across the region
- Bill Cosby case to stay in Montco, be decided by outside jury
- Pending home sales down nationally, but up in the Lehigh Valley
- Child sex abuse trial of former councilman gets underway
- Man pleads guilty in Stockertown gun club case
- Former Montana West building sold
- Reproduction of mural fills void of original in Lehighton
- Neighbor of man shot by police: 'Fear for my family'
- Storm cleanup underway in Bushkill Twp.