BRUSH, Colo. - It's not unheard of to find beef at McDonald's, but usually not like this.
A dairy cow escaped from her pen in Colorado and wandered to the Mickey D's drive-thru.
Tucked away off the main drag in Brush is a family farm any 4-year-old would run to. It's full of goats, a pudgy pig and a cow named, "Darcy."
That's Lady Darcy, the same cow that picked up a 5th place presentation award at the Morgan County Fair last summer.
"She's a good cow," said Sandy Winn, Darcy's owner.
Good is one way to describe her. Stubborn is another because when Darcy doesn't get attention in her pen, she goes elsewhere to get it.
"We got a call from dispatch asking if my son had a dairy cow," said Winn. "I said, 'Yeah, he has a dairy cow,' and she told me that it was up at McDonald's."
Somehow, Darcy was able to break out of her gate and hoof it a half-mile to the local McDonald's.
She walked through the drive-thru and butted her head up against the window.
"Not making any orders. Maybe visiting relatives, but not making any orders," said Winn.
The folks at McDonald's got a kick out of it and snapped some pictures before Darcy's owners found out and took her home.
"I thought she was going to be in jail," said Winn's son, Lucas.
Little Lucas is happy to know the only pen Darcy will be staying in is the one she's accustomed to, equipped with plenty of grass and plenty of alfalfa.
"And crackers," said Winn.
No fries, no milkshake, but a story that has the whole town talking.
"She would probably go there again if she could get out," said Winn.
The Winn family said it had a pig escape once, but it only made it a block, not all the way to the barbecue place.
The family wasn't ticketed this time around, since Brush doesn't have a 'cow-at-large' ordinance.
More than $2 billion is spent annually on tourism in the Lehigh Valley, and that number is expected to increase.Read More »
- Lehigh Valley Allentown School Board considers tax hike to balance budget
- Lehigh Valley Lower Nazareth Board of Supervisors passes medical marijuana ordinance
- Lehigh Valley Allentown Rotary fountain receives Lehigh County OK
- Western New Jersey Warren County Freeholders call a meeting of mayors
- Lehigh Valley Easton City Council tables action on Billy's Diner lease agreement
- Berks Exeter police enforce zero-tolerance policy on township's roads
- Updated Gov. Wolf signs Real ID law, expects new licenses in 2019
- Updated Man killed in crash with fire truck in Allen Township
- Updated Marc Anthony to come 'full circle' with return to Reading
- Updated Pa. health officials warn of possible measles exposure
- Updated Black bear spotted roaming Leopard country
- Health Beat: HPV cancers on the rise
- Passing showers but more seasonable Friday
- PPL deploying smarter technology
- Pennsylvania man sets Plinko record on 'Price is Right,' goes wild
- Strawberries are ripe for picking in Northampton County