BETHLEHEM, Pa. - A man spoke loudly and carried a big stick when his ex-girlfriend rebuffed his invitation to go drinking with him, officials said.
Jonathan Hanchick used a golf club to smash the windshield and driver's side window of his ex's 2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser while it was parked in the 1000 block of Liberty Court in Bethlehem and then began banging on the door of his ex's home with the club around 11:40 p.m. Thursday, officials said.
Hanchick caused $400 in damage to the car and $130 to the door, and police found the head and shaft of the golf club a few doors away from his ex's home, officials added.
Hanchick started arguing with the woman over the phone after she told him she wouldn't go drinking with him because he gets violent when he's drunk, officials said, noting that the couple had broken up two days before.
Hanchick then threatened to blow up the woman's car, and she texted him to stay away, officials said.
Instead, Hanchick went to his ex's home and demanded he be let in, officials said.
Hanchick, 25, of 1613 Farmersville Road, Bethlehem, was arraigned early Friday morning on charges of making terroristic threats and criminal mischief and committed to the Northampton County Prison on $8,000 bail, according to court documents.
A preliminary hearing is set for 10 a.m. Aug. 5.
- Lehigh Valley ASD hires Alvin Butz for school projects
- Berks Berks commissioners talk future of tax-free municipal bonds
- Lehigh Valley Easton adopts 20-year comprehensive plan
- Lehigh Valley Lehigh County supports anti-gerrymandering bill
- Lehigh Valley Allentown Parks & Rec Committee gives nod to new 'Auburn Cross Trails Park'
- Berks Reading parents vent frustrations over safety in schools
- Updated Hazmat situation reported in Northampton County
- Man pleads guilty in Stockertown gun club case
- Judge rules Bill Cosby case to be decided by outside jury
- Updated Storm cleanup underway in Bushkill Twp.
- Updated More threats against Jewish Community Centers across the nation
- Updated Man lands in jail on outstanding warrant, $1 bail
- East Stroudsburg needs $1.8 million for dam repairs
- Man dies days after severely burned by cigarette
- Updated Health Beat: ThermiRase: Wrinkle eraser
- Police say pot complaint leads officers to felon hiding gun