ALLENTOWN, Pa. - The annual Trexler District Pinewood Derby was held Saturday in Allentown.
More then 200 boy scouts from 22 packs came out for the competition.
The Cub Scouts spent weeks designing their cars, and it all came down to Saturday.
Some 55 derby cars took part in the race.
Trophies were awarded for first place, best design, most colorful, best scout theme, most patriotic, and most unusual.
Here are the trophy winners:
Best Design: Name: Jimi Reckling
Car #14 Rank: Webelos2 Pack #431
Most Colorful: Name: Stavros Marangos
Car #52 Rank: Tiger Pack #31
Best Scout Theme: Name: Andrew Taskalos
Car #12 Rank: Webelos1 Pack #431
Most Patriotic: Name: Charlie Morton
Car #20 Rank: Wolf Pack #439
Most Unusual: Name: Aidan Mathieu
Car #30 Rank: Webelos1 Pack #5
Judges Award: Name: Drew Schmidt
Car #50 Rank: Webelos1 Pack #86
5th Place: Name: Ryan Sexton
Car #10 Rank: Webelos2 Pack #431
4th Place: Name: Aidan Tarafas
Car #43 Rank: Webelos1 Pack #80
3rd Place: Name: Stone Crocus
Car #1 Rank: Wolf Pack #146
2nd Place: Name: Hunter Wentz
Car #41 Rank: Webelos1 Pack #80
1st Place: Name: Logan Hoffman
Car #15 Rank: Webelos2 Pack #146
- Lehigh Valley ASD hires Alvin Butz for school projects
- Berks Berks commissioners talk future of tax-free municipal bonds
- Lehigh Valley Easton adopts 20-year comprehensive plan
- Lehigh Valley Lehigh County supports anti-gerrymandering bill
- Lehigh Valley Allentown Parks & Rec Committee gives nod to new 'Auburn Cross Trails Park'
- Berks Reading parents vent frustrations over safety in schools
- Police make arrest in deadly Palmer Twp. shooting
- Updated Near-record warmth again today
- City of Reading receives FBI subpoena for documents
- Life Lessons: End of life start ups
- Emergency sewer work shuts down Rt. 100 in Bally Borough
- 6 charged in connection with alleged gang slaying
- LVPC releases 'Livable Landscapes' survey results
- ASD hires Alvin Butz for school projects
- Mother charged after concealing death of baby
- Thursday's record-breaking warmth in Allentown