SOUTH WHITEHALL TWP., Pa. - The historic Wehr's Mill Covered Bridge in South Whitehall Township is closed until Lehigh County officials determine if the bridge was structurally compromised.
Police said the bridge was closed after a tractor-trailer weighing four times the 10-ton legal limit, passed over it on Friday.
Police said it's possible the bridge is still safe for travel, but want Lehigh County inspectors to make a formal determination.
Police said they are investigating to determine if the tractor-trailer driver should be cited.
The Colonial Regional Police Commission and the Colonial Regional Police Department would consider a proposal from the Borough of Bath for contracted services if presented to them.Read More »
- Lehigh Valley Bath Borough considers leaving Colonial Regional Police Dept.
- Berks Reading traffic flow put to the test with Eric Church concert
- Lehigh Valley Northampton Borough appoints new councilman from first ward
- Lehigh Valley Lower Macungie Commissioner Galiardo resigns
- Lehigh Valley Northampton Co. is waiting on a better picture before moving on Louise Moore Homestead
- Lehigh Valley Bethlehem OKs ethics training bill
- Updated Police searching for 2 men after 2 armed robberies in Reading hours apart
- 5 jurors picked for Cosby trial, 2 know a sex assault victim
- Clouds and some sun today; rain stays south and east today and tomorrow
- Pershing Square reduces holding in Air Products
- Colonial Regional, Bath could negotiate contracted services pact
- Life Lessons: Breakfast at this office?
- Schuylkill Valley HS breaks ground on athletic complex
- Exeter Township moves forward with plans to change EMS service
- Going the distance: Local couple celebrates 2,700 rides on Dorney's "Steel Force"
- Rehearsal underway for 2017 Freddy's