SALISBURY TWP., Pa. - Officials have released more information about why two people were taken into custody after an early morning raid at a Lehigh County home.
Salisbury Township police, state police and FBI agents all converged on a home in the 1600 block of Emmaus Avenue, near South 12th Street, around 5:30 a.m. Friday.
A man was seen being taken away in handcuffs. The same happened with a woman a few hours later.
Justice Department officials told 69 News the arrest was part of a drug-related investigation involving cocaine and heroin.
Authorities were also seen searching cars, motorcycles, and a boat in the home's backyard.
In all, seven people were arrested at different locations and are now facing drug charges related to the investigation.
Some areas got more than a foot of snow. Now in the list of Top 5 one-day snowfalls in March!Read More »
- Lehigh Valley Auto Show delays Thursday opening
- Allentown opens parking decks to residents
- LANta shuts down routes Wednesday afternoon
- LANTA to run on modified scheduled Wednesday
- Speed, travel restrictions in place on Pa. Turnpike, major highways
- Bethlehem's Second Avenue will be narrowed: Council
- Updated UPDATED: Snowfall totals from the 69 News' viewing area
- YOUR PHOTOS: Fourth major winter storm in 3 weeks
- Berks County snow totals: How much have you seen?
- WATCH: 69 News Snow Patrol: Easton (6 p.m.)
- WATCH: 69 News Snow Patrol: Bucks County (6 p.m.)
- WATCH: 69 News Snow Patrol: Montgomery County (6 p.m.)
- WATCH: 69 News Snow Patrol (Lehigh County 6 p.m.)
- WATCH: Evening traffic commute
- WATCH: 69 News Snow Patrol: Berks County (5:30 p.m.)
- Snow days equal shortened spring break, longer school year