UPPER SAUCON TWP., Pa. - The pair found dead after a nearly day-long standoff in Lehigh County had an extensive criminal background.
Emily Fatzinger, 25, of Greene Township, and Eric Messick, 33, of Walnutport, were found dead Saturday in a home on Lanark Drive, Upper Saucon Township after barricading themselves in the house.
The district attorney said it appeared to be a murder-suicide.
Court records show Fatzinger and Messick both had criminal records.
Records show Fatzinger pleaded guilty to conspiracy to operate a meth lab. Other drug charges from the 2013 incident were withdrawn in the plea deal.
Messick has an extensive list of previous charges for fleeing police, drugs, theft, assault and others, according to court records.
Messick ran from police in Walnutport in 2013 by jumping into the Lehigh River. He hid from police for a week before officers caught him when he tried to flee on foot outside a diner in South Whitehall Township.
Autopsies are scheduled for Monday to determine the exact cause of death.
Crayola announced Thursday it's made several organizational changes to help it position itself for future growth.Read More »
- Police allege man brings child to cocaine deal
- Easton Ambassadors add to coverage area
- Police: Man twice beats girlfriend after arguments
- Battery retail theft leaves 1 suspect on the run
- 50-unit apartment complex proposed for Bethlehem's Historic District
- Allentown attorney pleads guilty to tax offense
- Updated 11-year US marshal identified as officer slain in Harrisburg
- Police officer surrenders on charges in hit-and-run crash
- Updated Positive Parenting: Taking the bus
- Updated Health Beat: Crohn's: Diagnosis difficult, treatment worse?
- Updated Crayola announces elimination of over 20 employee positions
- Updated Police allege man brings child to cocaine deal
- Updated Easton Ambassadors add to coverage area
- Updated Local corporations raise funds with United Way campaign
- SEPTA offers discounted round-trip pass for Sunday's Eagles game
- Nockamixon provides permits to collect firewood