WASHINGTON - Lehigh Valley International Airport is getting a multi-million dollar boost from the federal government.
U.S. Sen. Bob Casey announced Friday that the Lehigh-Northampton Airport Authority has been awarded a $5.3-million grant.
Casey said the money will be used to make safety improvements to the runways at LVIA and to upgrade the drainage system at the airport in Hanover Twp., Lehigh Co.
- Bonilla kicks off campaign for Lehigh County Commissioner
- Mini-THON held at Allentown charter school
- Lehigh Valley Heart Ball raises money for American Heart Association
- 'Light the Way' celebration recognizes trailblazers in the community
- Local vineyard owners wary of warm weather
- Police searching for missing man in Bethlehem
- Updated Cosby is in court to ask judge for outside jury for trial
- Updated Warming trend starting this afternoon, but a few showers return tomorrow
- Updated Albert Boscov remembered during memorial service
- Updated Boscov: An American Story
- Updated Bonilla kicks off campaign for Lehigh County Commissioner
- Flemington man sentenced for child pornography
- Life Lessons: Swimming helps asthma
- Updated Strong storms, winds leave damage across the region
- Cell phone store robbed at gunpoint
- Updated Police allege man punches girlfriend, leaves her by side of the road