WASHINGTON - Lehigh Valley International Airport is getting a multi-million dollar boost from the federal government.
U.S. Sen. Bob Casey announced Friday that the Lehigh-Northampton Airport Authority has been awarded a $5.3-million grant.
Casey said the money will be used to make safety improvements to the runways at LVIA and to upgrade the drainage system at the airport in Hanover Twp., Lehigh Co.
- Updated Former Phillies pitcher Jim Bunning Passes Away at 85
- Man's 'suspicious' death in Frackville ruled a homicide
- Body found in Schuylkill River in Cumru Township
- Holiday travelers will encounter rising prices at the pump
- Summer recipes on the grill
- Gregg Allman of the Allman Brothers Band Dies at Age 69
- World War II veteran discusses issues faced by those returning from war
- 75-year-old man dies days after crash on Route 22
- Summer getaways in the Lehigh Valley
- Famed Berks wrestling coach gone, but not forgotten