ALLENTOWN, Pa. - A lot of 69 News viewers have been emailing and calling the newsroom wondering, "Where's Melanie?"
69 News anchor Melanie Falcon had to undergo open heart surgery last month.
Melanie's getting stronger every day, as 69 News' Jim Vaughn and Mark Shanaberger found out during a recent visit.
Melanie says of her recovery:
"It has now been nearly seven weeks since I had open heart surgery. I am feeling much better and more like my old self every day. My energy is coming back and I can do more as the days pass. I'm up to walking over two miles every day and am no longer on antibiotics. I was even up for a visit from Jim Vaughn and Mark Shanaberger. Progress feels good, and dare I say I miss work and hope to be back very soon!"
- Updated Summer getaways in the Lehigh Valley
- Famed Berks wrestling coach gone, but not forgotten
- Dry early, round of showers later today
- Local police step up patrols for Memorial Day weekend
- History's Headlines: Baseball at Bethlehem Steel
- Boyertown State Theatre goes digital
- Police: Teen shot in Pottstown
- Pennsylvania Shakespeare Festival right around the corner
- BK's Helping Hands lives up to the name
- Camelback Road bridge reopens