Chandi has been nominated in the Top 15 Market Sports category for her piece, “The Greatest Game Never Played,” about the Lafayette College football team’s decision not to play in the 1948 Sun Bowl after a black player was not allowed to participate due to segregation.
The NABJ awards include all types of media at all levels including network news categories.
You can watch the piece, recorded by 69 News photojournalist Casey Killian, here.
- Officials respond to late night fire in Hanover Township
- Unity game pits the big dogs against the badges for a good time
- Kyla Smith: Easton Red Rovers' newest football star
- He served soup to the needy for 17 years; now he needs help
- Easton bonfire burns bright ahead of big game
- Police: Men rob gas station, escape on bicycles
- Remains of final two victims from Barclay Friends fire found
- Many enjoy hot meal with side of Thanksgiving fellowship
- Updated Person wounded by gunfire in northwest Reading
- Health Beat: Isolated limb infusion saves mom, baby
- Lines form early for Thanksgiving, Black Friday deals
- Christmas at FirstEnergy Stadium ready for season debut
- Berks well-represented in Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
- Woman raises more than $50K for homeless man who helped her
- Life Lessons: Is stress the reason you can't conceive?
- Be aware this holiday shopping season