WASHINGTON TWP., Pa. - A 72-year-old Berks County man was killed after falling into the Lehigh River while fishing.
It happened at around 9:20 a.m. Sunday near the Route 873 bridge in Washington Township, Lehigh County.
The coroner says Laverne Hunsicker, of Greenwich Township, was pulled from the river and pronounced dead at around 10:15 a.m.
An autopsy is scheduled for tomorrow.
- Updated Lehigh Valley Zoo giraffe dies from neck injury
- Countryside is making a strong comeback
- Local man takes business idea to the beach
- Great white shark Mary Lee detected off New Jersey coast
- Catasauqua store robbed at gunpoint
- Bucks man gets life plus 15 to 30 years in friend's shooting death
- PHOTOS: Observing Memorial Day
- In opioid crisis, a new risk for police: accidental overdose
- Monroe County farm holds annual Farm Animal Frolic
- Package that led to Newark airport evacuation deemed safe