UPPER MACUNGIE TWP., Pa. - Nine people, including several children, were seriously injured in a two-car crash on Interstate 78 in Lehigh County.
The accident happened around 1:45 p.m. Monday on I-78 West in Upper Macungie Township.
State police said a Ford Fusion side-swiped a Chevy Traverse, causing the Traverse to then slam into the guardrail.
All nine people in the Traverse were seriously injured, including one person who was partially ejected. Of the injured, six are children between the ages of 10 and 16.
State police said seven of the nine people were not wearing seatbelts. The occupants were all listed as being from Bayonne, New Jersey.
The driver of the Fusion, a man from Riegelsville, Bucks County, was not hurt.
Police have not said whether they plan to file charges.
Bethlehem City Council's Community Development Committee forwarded an ordinance they said will be a "proactive storytelling" tool in showcasing the efficiency and effectiveness of tax-incentive programs throughout the city.Read More »
- Da Vinci Science Center changes aquarium plan to a 'better fit'
- Jury selected for Allentown Mayor Pawlowski's trial
- Residents, businesses prep for potential snow storm
- A-Treat looks for heroes to be featured on company's label
- Lehigh University names professor in sexual misconduct allegation
- Woman petitions to vacate restitution after stealing $350K from church
- Messy morning commute with steady snow early, gradually tapering
- Updated Steve Mittman's Traffic Report
- Updated 69News Snow Patrol - regional road conditions
- Snow tapering off this morning
- Fraud, theft trending high in Cumru
- Bethlehem wants more critical look at tax-incentivized programs
- Updated Road crews out getting the job done
- Close? Delay? It can be a tough call for school districts
- Updated 5 injured in head-on crash in Limerick
- PennDOT wants drivers to cooperate, let crews do their job