A teacher at a Northampton County school who admitted to sexually abusing a foreign exchange student has learned his fate.
Richard Kim was sentenced to 5-10 years in state prison Friday and will serve 10 years of probation.
Kim pleaded guilty in May to indecent assault and corruption of minors stemming from several incidents in 2011.
Kim sexually assaulted a 15-year-old student 17 times while he was working at ACE Education USA in Pen Argyl, officials said.
The school houses and educates students from Korea.
Kim's parents own the school.
- Bonilla kicks off campaign for Lehigh County Commissioner
- Mini-THON held at Allentown charter school
- Lehigh Valley Heart Ball raises money for American Heart Association
- 'Light the Way' celebration recognizes trailblazers in the community
- Local vineyard owners wary of warm weather
- Police searching for missing man in Bethlehem
- Updated Cosby is in court to ask judge for outside jury for trial
- Updated Warming trend starting this afternoon, but a few showers return tomorrow
- Updated Albert Boscov remembered during memorial service
- Updated Boscov: An American Story
- Updated Bonilla kicks off campaign for Lehigh County Commissioner
- Flemington man sentenced for child pornography
- Life Lessons: Swimming helps asthma
- Updated Strong storms, winds leave damage across the region
- Cell phone store robbed at gunpoint
- Updated Police allege man punches girlfriend, leaves her by side of the road