A teacher at a Northampton County school who admitted to sexually abusing a foreign exchange student has learned his fate.
Richard Kim was sentenced to 5-10 years in state prison Friday and will serve 10 years of probation.
Kim pleaded guilty in May to indecent assault and corruption of minors stemming from several incidents in 2011.
Kim sexually assaulted a 15-year-old student 17 times while he was working at ACE Education USA in Pen Argyl, officials said.
The school houses and educates students from Korea.
Kim's parents own the school.
- Updated Former Phillies pitcher Jim Bunning Passes Away at 85
- Man's 'suspicious' death in Frackville ruled a homicide
- Body found in Schuylkill River in Cumru Township
- Holiday travelers will encounter rising prices at the pump
- Summer recipes on the grill
- Gregg Allman of the Allman Brothers Band Dies at Age 69
- World War II veteran discusses issues faced by those returning from war
- 75-year-old man dies days after crash on Route 22
- Summer getaways in the Lehigh Valley
- Famed Berks wrestling coach gone, but not forgotten