ALLEN TWP., Pa. - A highly debated FedEx hub has gotten over another hurdle in Northampton County.
Tuesday night the Allen Township Planning Commission approved plans for a FedEx distribution center on property owned by the Lehigh Northampton Airport Authority.
The center would be between one million and two-million square feet of warehouse space on more than 250 acres of land.
Many neighbors have spoken out against the plant, citing noise, pollution and traffic concerns.
- Lehigh Valley Zoo giraffe dies from neck injury
- Countryside is making a strong comeback
- Local man takes business idea to the beach
- Purple Heart recipient gets honored Memorial Day weekend
- Great white shark Mary Lee detected off New Jersey coast
- Catasauqua police nab armed robbery suspect
- Bucks man gets life plus 15 to 30 years in friend's shooting death
- PHOTOS: Observing Memorial Day
- In opioid crisis, a new risk for police: accidental overdose
- Monroe County farm holds annual Farm Animal Frolic