ALLENTOWN, Pa. - Thirty-eight-year-old Jamie J. Eugui of Allentown was arrested for giving false infomation to city police in the 700 block of Turner Street just before 9 p.m. Monday.
Police went to that location because men were loitering.
Eugui told police that his name was Jamie Gomez , give them a false date of birth, said he did not know his Social Security number and did not have any identification on him.
Police observed a black and silver item sticking out of the suspect's shorts pocket, which turned out to be a smart key for a Chevrolet.
When police checked warrants, they realized the man matched the description of Eugui, who was wanted for car jacking.
When they returned to talk to the suspect, the car key no longer was on him. It was found hidden under a loose floor board on the front porch of 724 Turner St., where Eugui had been sitting.
Eugui was charged with tampering with or fabricating physical evidence and giving false identification to law enforcement authorities.
He resides in the 1300 block of W. Wayne St. in Allentown.
Judge James Knoll Gardner died on Wednesday at his home.Read More »
- Possible lethal batch of heroin leads to 6 overdoses, 1 deadly in Easton
- Tractor trailer catches fire at Rt. 22 and Schoenersville Rd. in Bethlehem
- Allentown police arrest 3 for passing fake checks
- U-Haul truck crashes into pole along S. Pike Avenue in Salisbury Twp.
- Lafayette College gets zoning changes needed for new College Hill dorms
- Bittner's Corner Bridge spurs Lehigh County Commissioner debate
- Convicted cop killer Eric Frein sentenced to death
- Robbery suspect may be linked to other holdups, police say
- NFL Draft kicks off in Philadelphia
- Updated Police: Suspect in killing of Delaware trooper shot dead
- Updated Ace Hardware to open distribution center near Berks-Lebanon border
- Feds force shore town to give more parking near beach
- 287(g) program hot topic at Berks commissioners meeting
- 600-year-old tree that witnessed history taken down
- U.S. District Judge James Knoll Gardner dies at 76
- Catnip Friends Rescue owner facing animal cruelty charges