HARRISBURG, Pa. - Allentown has been added as a defendant in the lawsuit filed over the city's Neighborhood Improvement Zone.
The lawsuit was filed by almost 20 Lehigh Valley municipalities that said tax money generated by their residents who work inside the zone should go back to the municipalities, not into paying for the new hockey arena.
The lawsuit was originally filed against Gov. Tom Corbett and several other state officials.
Two weeks ago, Allentown asked to be added to the lawsuit as a defendant, and Friday, the Commonwealth Court granted that request.
The court also added the two authorities overseeing the development and funding of the arena as defendants in the suit.
- Updated President Trump to sign executive order on trade while in Pennsylvania
- Deadly dog attack prompts warning to other dog owners
- Candidates for Allentown mayor weigh in on the issues
- Arrest made in Allentown murder
- Crews rescue woman from Allentown fire
- Members of white supremacist group face federal charges
- Police: Argument leads to man being intentionally struck by vehicle
- Nazareth rollover crash injures two
- BB gun-toting vandals shooting out car windows in Reading
- Mahoning Drive-in Theatre is open for business