ALLENTOWN, Pa. - Seventy-three-year-old Jane M. Helfrich died Wednesday after being hit by a vehicle on Oxford Drive at Alton Avenue in south Allentown.
The victim, who resided in the 1800 block of Oxford Drive, was walking when struck around 7:35 a.m. Wednesday. She was pronounced dead at 8:01 a.m. in Lehigh Valley Hospital, Salisbury Township.
The Lehigh County coroner determined via autopsy that the cause of death is attributed to multiple blunt force trauma.
The accident is being investigated by the coroner's office and Allentown police, with the assistance from the Lehigh County district attorney's office.
- Martin Tower remediation discussed
- BASD officials respond to accusations
- Red Knight fever reaches city council; parade in the works
- Ex-church official due in court as lawyers plan for retrial
- Police investigating Route 562 crash in Exeter
- Some fog this morning and periods of rain today
- Reading Area Water Authority forensic audit to be released
- Ron Angle returns for third stint on Bangor Area School Board
- Life Lessons: Social media: Fire your boss?
- Allentown man hits trifecta facing DUI, drug and assault charges