ALLENTOWN, Pa. - A 28-year-old man is facing attempted homicide charges in connection to an early-morning stabbing attack in Allentown.
Allentown police arrested Spencer A. Jefferson Friday and charged him with attempted homicide, aggravated assault and burglary. District Judge Michael D'Amore arraigned the 28-year-old late Friday morning, denying bail based on the nature of the charges.
Police were called to an apartment in the 1300 block of East Marks Street just before 1:30 a.m. Friday. Authorities arrived to find a 26-year-old victim, who sustained multiple stab wounds.
Police said she is stable condition.
Jefferson, no address given, was arrested inside the apartment. The nature of their relationship, if any, was immediately clear.
His next court date is a preliminary hearing tentatively scheduled for Oct. 6.
- Updated 15 arrested in bust of violent drug trafficking organization
- Toys R Us delays liquidation sales; likely to start Friday
- Updated Lehigh Valley Auto Show prepares for opening night
- Updated Allentown Police Chief Glen Dorney is retiring
- Updated Truck crashes, catches fire in Hanover Township
- Rooftops of Reading garages cleared ahead of sold-out show
- After storm, BARTA, Bieber bus service returning to normal
- WATCH: 69 News Snow Patrol: Berks County (5:30 p.m.)
- Berks County snow totals: How much have you seen?
- Life Lessons: Teen driving distractions