ALLENTOWN, Pa. - Allentown police are investigating an apparent homicide that happened Sunday afternoon.
Police said they responded to 732 N. Ott St. around 3 p.m. and found Michael Sikler, 34, deceased.
A neighbor told 69 News he saw a body being taken from the garage of the home.
The Lehigh County coroner's office will perform an autopsy on Sikler on Monday to determine the cause and manner of death, but police said his death is considered suspicious and is being investigated as an apparent homicide.
Police, along with the Lehigh County district attorney's office, are investigating.
Based on the initial investigation, police said it is believed the victim and his residence were the intended target, and that this was not a random act.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Allentown Police Department criminal investigations division at 610-437-7721 or the department's communications center at 610-437-7751.
- 15 years has gone by fast for Freddy Awards
- Pennsylvania mushroom farms face labor shortage
- Despite terrible injury, NCC graduate never gave up
- Frackville police investigating man's 'suspicious' death
- Boyertown looks to enhance privacy in restrooms, locker rooms
- Updated Discover Lehigh Valley President addresses LVPC
- Allentown School Board considers tax hike to balance budget
- Umpire remembers Preston Rowe as 'outstanding young man'
- Berks County lawmakers explain Real ID law
- Allentown EMS crews honored