ALLENTOWN, Pa. - Investigators in Lehigh County are working to determine whether a fatal stabbing Tuesday night in Allentown was justified.
Allentown police and paramedics responded to 1325 W. Gordon St. shortly before 10:30 p.m. Tuesday for a reported stabbing, according to a news release from police Chief Glen Dorney.
When authorities arrived, they found a 37-year-old woman who sustained a stab wound. Officers also found a 65-year-old Allentown man who was identified as the person who stabbed the woman.
The Lehigh County Coroner's Office has identified the woman as Chanelle M. Allen. She was pronounced dead at Lehigh Valley Hospital Cedar Crest shortly before 11 p.m., according to the coroner's office.
The cause of death is attributed to a stab wound and her death has been ruled a homicide. An autopsy is scheduled for Thursday.
Authorities are investigating whether the stabbing was justified, according to Dorney.
Police were assisted by the Lehigh County District Attorney’s Office, the Lehigh County Homicide Task Force and the county coroner’s office.
Dorney said the investigation is ongoing and asks that anyone who may have information about the incident contact the Allentown Police Detective Bureau at 610-437-7721.
The historic trial is just days away.Read More »
- Firefighters battle fatal fire in Bethlehem Twp.
- Volunteers help protect health of local waterways
- Teen faces 3-27 years in prison for fatal DUI crash
- Lamont McClure redirects community improvements, no new jail
- Allentown's Community Music School to move location
- Police: Homeless man swipes car in NY, arrested in Bethlehem
- New Diehard Eagles fan's friends were on target with this surprise
- Updated Firefighters battle fatal fire in Bethlehem Twp.
- FERC approves PennEast pipeline project
- Prosecutors say they will retry New Jersey Sen. Bob Menendez
- New Exeter Township police unveil new traffic enforcement unit
- New Football excitement reaches fever pitch in Berks County
- New Federal prosecutor previews trial of Mayor Ed Pawlowski
- East Greenville tables discussion of disbanding police department
- Kutztown police: Graffiti is not art; it's vandalism
- Eagles fever spreading as NFC Championship game nears