ALLENTOWN, Pa. - People who own property in one part of Allentown are getting some help to spruce things up.
Mayor Ed Pawlowski announced plans Tuesday for the 19th Street Facade Program.
The city will match property owners dollar-for-dollar to complete renovation projects on buildings along 19th Street in the West End Theater District.
The money can be used for restorations or repairs, to enhance lighting or update signage.
The city is committing an initial $50,000 to complete the facade projects.
- Updated Lehigh Valley Zoo giraffe dies from neck injury
- Great white shark Mary Lee detected off New Jersey coast
- Catasauqua store robbed at gunpoint
- Bucks man gets life plus 15 to 30 years in friend's shooting death
- PHOTOS: Observing Memorial Day
- In opioid crisis, a new risk for police: accidental overdose
- Monroe County farm holds annual Farm Animal Frolic
- Package that led to Newark airport evacuation deemed safe
- Fire destroys barn in Lehigh Twp.
- Artvana could take the place of former Mayfair Festival