ALLENTOWN, Pa. - Allentown police are investigating a homicide.
It happened at 10th and Chestnut streets just before 10 p.m. Tuesday night.
Police said a 19-year-old was shot and taken to the hospital, where he died from his injuries.
The Lehigh County coroner identified the victim as Carlos Richiez, of Allentown. His death has been ruled a homicide.
A neighbor told 69 News she heard the gunshots from her apartment nearby and ran out to see what happened.
"Part of what brought me out, cause I'm not really familiar with what gunshots sound like, a lot of things sound like gunshots, but the wailing and the screaming. You could hear the agony and the pain," said neighbor Kita O'Neal.
Officials closed several roads in the area most of the night. A 69 News crew said a car was towed from the scene early Wednesday morning and the road was reopened shortly afterwards.
Allentown police, the Lehigh County district attorney's office, the coroner's office and the Homicide Task Force are investigating.
Anyone with information is urged to call the APD Detective Bureau at 610-437-7721.
- Updated Ski season comes early in the Poconos
- Updated Small Business Saturday in West Reading
- Updated Off the Gridiron season in review
- Trading a college degree for a career in the trades
- Lights in the Parkway opens for 2017 season
- Is Black Friday dying?
- Reading's Christmas on the Mountain set to open Sunday
- Berks County shoppers swarm stores for Black Friday discounts
- Bethlehem kicks off the Christmas season
- Colder winter on the horizon? Weather folklore says yes