ALLENTOWN, Pa. - The Mack swimming pool in south Allentown will not open as scheduled Saturday.
The delay is partly because of inclement weather this week, according to Allentown communications coordinator Mike Moore.
"It is anticipated that the pool will be ready to open prior to next weekend," said Moore.
The city's Cedar Beach, Jordan and Irving pools opened last weekend.
The opening of Mack was delayed because repairs were being made to the roof of the building that contains the pool's filter room. Those repairs included replacing rotting wood rafters.
Allentown's two free spray parks at Bucky Boyle Park and 5th and Allen Street Park opened June 1.
- Updated Lehigh Valley Zoo giraffe dies from neck injury
- Countryside is making a strong comeback
- Local man takes business idea to the beach
- Great white shark Mary Lee detected off New Jersey coast
- Catasauqua police nab armed robbery suspect
- Bucks man gets life plus 15 to 30 years in friend's shooting death
- PHOTOS: Observing Memorial Day
- In opioid crisis, a new risk for police: accidental overdose
- Monroe County farm holds annual Farm Animal Frolic
- Package that led to Newark airport evacuation deemed safe