EASTON, Pa. - The body found in a pickup truck in Easton earlier this week now has a name.
The Northampton County coroner identified the woman Thursday as 28-year-old Amanda Stratford.
Northampton County District Attorney John Morganelli said Stratford has connections to the drug trade.
Stratford's body was found around 11:30 p.m. Sunday with gunshot wounds in a pickup truck in the 100 block of Peach Street, according to police, who declined to release the number of times the woman was shot.
The coroner, Zach Lysek, said Stratford died of multiple gunshot wounds. He ruled her death a homicide.
Officials didn't have a last known address for Stratford.
The investigation is continuing.
- Updated Coroner called to Penn Twp. crash along Rt. 183
- Some rain/thunder this morning; PM shower/t-storm
- Lehigh Valley Zoo giraffe dies from neck injury
- Life Lessons: The nurse who paints her patients
- Purple Heart recipient gets honored Memorial Day weekend
- Catasauqua police nab armed robbery suspect
- Countryside is making a strong comeback
- Local man takes business idea to the beach
- Bucks man gets life plus 15 to 30 years in friend's shooting death
- PHOTOS: Observing Memorial Day