EMMAUS, Pa. - An unidentified suspect who robbed an Emmaus bank at the intersection of Cedar Crest Boulevard and Chestnut Street late Thursday morning was apprehended a short time later.
After robbing the Santander Bank at 11:35 a.m., the individual fled on foot with an undisclosed amount of cash.
Police soon caught the armed robber near the intersection of Cedar Crest Boulevard and Pine Street, just a couple of blocks from the bank.
The bank is at 1215 Chestnut St. in Emmaus.
No injuries were reported.
The investigation is continuing, reported Emmaus Police Chief David Faust.
Emmaus police were assisted at the scene by the Macungie Police Department, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Pennsylvania State Police, Salisbury Township Police Department, the Lehigh County Drug Task Force, the Lehigh County Sheriff's Department and the Emmaus Police Department K-9 Unit.
Anyone with information about the robbery is asked to contact Emmaus police at 610-967-3113.
- Updated Lehigh Valley Zoo giraffe dies from neck injury
- Countryside is making a strong comeback
- Local man takes business idea to the beach
- Great white shark Mary Lee detected off New Jersey coast
- Catasauqua police nab armed robbery suspect
- Bucks man gets life plus 15 to 30 years in friend's shooting death
- PHOTOS: Observing Memorial Day
- In opioid crisis, a new risk for police: accidental overdose
- Monroe County farm holds annual Farm Animal Frolic
- Package that led to Newark airport evacuation deemed safe