ALLENTOWN, Pa. - It was OK to get a little messy in Allentown on Thursday.
Progression Behavioral Health Services held a "family fun" and "special needs awareness" day.
Activities included face painting, crafts, outdoor games and dancing.
"Progressions" provides behavioral health rehabilitation services to children and their families, but Thursday was all about kicking back and letting the kids be kids.
"This just allows us to take a moment and step back and go, this is why we're really here. It's the family. It's the kids, said Deborah Nelson.
This is the third year for the event.
- 15 years has gone by fast for Freddy Awards
- Pennsylvania mushroom farms face labor shortage
- Despite terrible injury, NCC graduate never gave up
- Frackville police investigating man's 'suspicious' death
- Boyertown looks to enhance privacy in restrooms, locker rooms
- Discover Lehigh Valley President addresses LVPC
- Allentown School Board considers tax hike to balance budget
- Umpire remembers Preston Rowe as 'outstanding young man'
- Berks County lawmakers explain Real ID law
- Allentown EMS crews honored