UPPER MACUNGIE TWP., Pa. - If you're looking for a piece of recent history or just like collecting police memorabilia the perfect auction for you was held Saturday in Upper Macungie Township.
The former Berks-Lehigh Regional Police Department auctioned off all of it's equipment: firearms, stun guns, an ambulance and even police cruises.
The department disbanded at the end of last year.
When in operation it covered Upper Macungie Township in Lehigh County and Maxatawny Township, Topton and Lyons in Berks County.
The money from the auction will be divided between those four municipalities.
- Updated Coroner called to Penn Twp. crash along Rt. 183
- Some rain/thunder this morning; PM shower/t-storm
- Walker Twp. man arrested for firing gun near neighbor's family gathering
- Life Lessons: The nurse who paints her patients
- Purple Heart recipient gets honored Memorial Day weekend
- Lehigh Valley Zoo giraffe dies from neck injury
- Catasauqua police nab armed robbery suspect
- Countryside is making a strong comeback
- Local man takes business idea to the beach
- Bucks man gets life plus 15 to 30 years in friend's shooting death