BETHLEHEM, Pa. - Bethlehem police officer Kelly Walbert has resigned.
Police Chief Mark DiLuzio declined to comment on the reason for the resignation.
Walbert had been on administrative leave following a disciplinary matter. The chief has declined to explain the nature of that discipline.
The resignation was confirmed Friday by Wade Haubert, president of the Bethlehem Fraternal Order of Police.
Haubert declined to provide details. other than saying the resignation was the subject of an internal police memo circulated Friday.
Walbert had been a school resources officers at Liberty High School.
Channel 69 News is attempting to reach Mayor Robert Donchez for an explanation.
Last month City Council fired another city police officer, Richard Hoffman, who was found to be intoxicated after being involved in a traffic accident. The police department had taken several prior disciplinary actions against Hoffman.
- Updated President Trump to sign executive order on trade while in Pennsylvania
- Deadly dog attack prompts warning to other dog owners
- Candidates for Allentown mayor weigh in on the issues
- Arrest made in Allentown murder
- Crews rescue woman from Allentown fire
- Members of white supremacist group face federal charges
- Police: Argument leads to man being intentionally struck by vehicle
- Nazareth rollover crash injures two
- BB gun-toting vandals shooting out car windows in Reading
- Mahoning Drive-in Theatre is open for business