Lehigh Valley

Bethlehem carbon monoxide leak sends 6 people to hospital

Carbon monoxide leak

BETHLEHEM, Pa. - Six people were sent to the hospital after a blocked chimney caused a carbon monoxide leak in a Bethlehem home.

Emergency crews were called out to the 700 block of East 7th Street late Friday night.

According to crews at the scene, two people inside the home and four first responders had to be treated for high levels of carbon monoxide.

A husband and wife who live at the home were taken to the hospital. There's no word on their condition.

Officials said the four responders who were treated are doing okay.

Fire officials said the home's chimney became blocked by brick debris and sediment.


DISCLAIMER FOR COMMENTS: The views expressed by public comments are not those of this company or its affiliated companies. Please note by clicking on "Post" you acknowledge that you have read the TERMS OF USE  and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Your comments may be used on air. Be polite. Inappropriate posts or posts containing offsite links may be removed by the moderator.

STORMCENTER UPDATE

Allentown, PA 18102

38°F

Overcast

TONIGHT

29°F

  • %

This Week's Circulars

Top Stories

Latest from the newsroom

More from the Newsroom