BETHLEHEM, Pa. - Students won't have to reapply every year as part of Bethlehem Area School District's open enrollment policy, thanks to a change approved Monday night.
The board of directors approved a change in policy to its Elementary School Open Enrollment.
The policy allows students in elementary grades to apply to attend any of the district's 16 elementary schools.
In the past, students who were attending a district elementary school other than their assigned school would have to apply and be approved each year.
Under the new policy, students' approval for other district elementary schools will be effective through fifth grade.
In another change, the district will start accepting requests for open enrollment starting January 31, instead of the previous June 2 date.
- Police make arrest in deadly Palmer Twp. shooting
- Updated Near-record warmth again today
- City of Reading receives FBI subpoena for documents
- Life Lessons: End of life start ups
- Emergency sewer work shuts down Rt. 100 in Bally Borough
- 6 charged in connection with alleged gang slaying
- LVPC releases 'Livable Landscapes' survey results
- ASD hires Alvin Butz for school projects
- Mother charged after concealing death of baby
- Thursday's record-breaking warmth in Allentown