BETHLEHEM, Pa. - The Mayor of Bethlehem says he's creating a task force to keep an eye on the city's finances.
Mayor Bob Donchez announced the creation of the Financial Advisory Committee Wednesday.
The Mayor says the volunteer task force has one mission.
"Their goal is simple: to offer ideas, suggestions and recommendations to me on how to make the city more efficient," he said.
The committee is made up of five local business leaders including former Bethlehem Mayor Ken Smith and the Vice President of Bethlehem-based candy company Just Born.
- Great white shark Mary Lee detected off New Jersey coast
- Updated Bucks man gets life plus 15 to 30 years in friend's shooting death
- Updated PHOTOS: Observing Memorial Day
- In opioid crisis, a new risk for police: accidental overdose
- Monroe County farm holds annual Farm Animal Frolic
- Package that led to Newark airport evacuation deemed safe
- Fire destroys barn in Lehigh Twp.
- Artvana could take the place of former Mayfair Festival
- Coroner identifies man found dead in Schuylkill River
- Memorial honors Lehigh Valley veteran