BETHLEHEM, Pa. - A confidential informant played a key role in nabbing a heroin suspect, Bethlehem police said.
Raul Torres-Gonzalez, 26, of the 600 block of Aaron Street, was arrested April 28 during a "buy-bust" operation in which he sold six bags of heroin to a confidential informant in the area of Williams and Eighth streets, according to police.
Police said they seized 80 bags of heroin with a street value of $800.
Torres-Gonzalez was charged with possession with the intent to deliver heroin, delivery of heroin and criminal use of communication facility.
Torres-Gonzalez was committed to Northampton County Prison on $10,000 bail.
- Great white shark Mary Lee detected off New Jersey coast
- Catasauqua store robbed at gunpoint
- Bucks man gets life plus 15 to 30 years in friend's shooting death
- PHOTOS: Observing Memorial Day
- In opioid crisis, a new risk for police: accidental overdose
- Monroe County farm holds annual Farm Animal Frolic
- Package that led to Newark airport evacuation deemed safe
- Fire destroys barn in Lehigh Twp.
- Artvana could take the place of former Mayfair Festival
- Coroner identifies man found dead in Schuylkill River