BETHLEHEM, Pa. - Police in Bethlehem are investigating a shooting that sent one man to the hospital.
It happened just before 11 p.m. Thursday in the 500 block of Cherokee Street.
Police said the victim was shot multiple times in the torso and underwent surgery Thursday night. He was last reported to be in intensive care at St. Luke's University Hospital in Fountain Hill, Lehigh County.
According to a roommate of the victim, he's a 26-year-old man. Police have not released his identity
Authorities said they got several calls late Thursday night for reports of a man with multiple gunshot wounds.
Bethlehem police Chief Mark DiLuzio said there was a party at the home where the shooting occurred, and it started as a fight between the victim and the shooter.
At least 20 people were inside the home when the shots were fired. Police do not know whether the victim lives at the home or if he was guest.
"We're looking at the possibility that this was two individuals from two separate gangs that had a beef over a female," DiLuzio said. "So it is not a random act of violence."
Shortly after the shooting, the shooter fled the scene. So far, no arrests have been made.
Police are still interviewing witnesses and ask anyone with information to call detectives at 610-865-7187.
The money raised goes to the Battle of the Badges Scholarship Fund which helps children of police officers or firefighters go to college.Read More »
- Reading ceremony commemorates USS Maine sinking
- Northampton, Monroe County high schools hold Dance-A-Thons
- Bethlehem Public Library holds Punk Rock Flea Market to raise money
- Hundreds take part in Lehigh Valley Polar Plunge
- Dorney Park holds job fair for 2018 season
- Multiple-rollover crash shuts down I-78 West in Berks County
- A few showers later today but another spring-like surge awaits
- Man killed in crash on Route 422 in Reading
- Allentown defeats Reading in 13th annual Battle of the Badges hockey game
- Woman killed, husband injured in Hamburg domestic incident
- Updated A message from WFMZ's Eve Russo
- Fire breaks out at Wyomissing apartment building
- Pa. Supreme Court to unveil new congressional map
- Man charged with aggravated assault in Red Hill incident
- Allentown bests Reading 3-2 in Battle of the Badges hockey game
- Teen rescued from cave after becoming wedged between rocks