BETHLEHEM, Pa. - Authorities in Northampton County said they found the victim of an early-morning shooting in Bethlehem outside a home in Freemansburg.
Bethlehem police responded shortly after 2:30 a.m. Thursday to several reports of gunshots and a possible shooting victim in the 1500 block of Irene Street, according to a news release from police Chief Mark DiLuzio. Calls to 911 reported "numerous gun shots," according to the news release.
Authorities found the victim a short time later outside an Abbe Court home in nearby Freemansburg. DiLuzio said officers secured both scenes.
The shooting allegedly began as a fight, and someone drove the victim to his parents' home in Freemansburg.
Bethlehem paramedics took the victim to St. Luke's University Hospital with gunshot wounds to the leg and chest. DiLuzio said the victim is listed in stable condition. The victim is described as a teenage male.
Detectives are interviewing people in the area and collecting evidence from the Irene Street crime scene. DiLuzio said in his release that there is currently no additional information to release.
Anyone with information about the shooting or anyone involved is asked to contact Det. Brad Jones with the Bethlehem Police Department at 610-865-7187 or call the Bethlehem Police Tip Line at 610-691-6660.
- Updated 69News Snow Patrol: Lehigh County ( 3 p.m.)
- Updated WATCH: 69 News Snow Patrol: Berks County (2 p.m.)
- Updated YOUR PHOTOS: Fourth major winter storm in 3 weeks
- Updated WATCH: Jeff Bolden's afternoon traffic update (3:30 p.m.)
- Updated 69News Snow Patrol: Bucks County (3 p.m.)
- Updated Senate approves bill to protect domestic violence victims
- Updated Attorney: Dad wasn't primary caregiver for baby found dead
- DA to hold news conference on violent drug trafficking group
- Lehigh Valley Auto Show delays Thursday opening
- Allentown opens parking decks to residents