SOUTH WHITEHALL TWP., Pa. - A Northampton County man was killed in an accident on Route 22 in Lehigh County on Tuesday afternoon.
Shane Uttard had pulled his Buick LeSabre onto the shoulder of 22 East and was standing near his trunk when a Chevy 1500 truck struck him from behind and killed him.
The driver, Brian Creazzo, 40, of Bethlehem, failed to merge into the right lane, crossed the white fog line and collided with Uttard and his vehicle, according to police.
It is still unclear why Uttard, 27, of Bethlehem Township, was pulled over and standing outside of his vehicle.
The crash was reported shortly before 3 p.m. in the eastbound lanes at milepost 317.4, between Route 309 and Cedar Crest Boulevard, in South Whitehall Township.
Police noted that traffic was slowed at the time of the accident.
Police are continuing to investigate and remain unsure of whether any charges or citations will be filed.
Route 22 East was closed in the area of the accident until around 7:30 p.m.
The Colonial West leading Southern Lehigh baseball team completed a rally Friday night at Limeport Stadium, downing Palisades 7-6 on a walk-off suicide squeeze by Timmy Walter in the bottom of the 7th.Read More »
- Nazareth rollover crash injures two
- Man shot in Allentown Friday afternoon
- Members of white supremacist group face federal charges
- Arrest made in Allentown murder
- IronPigs series opener at Toledo postponed
- Synchronoss stocks dip and dive after executive shakeup
- Updated Arrest made in Allentown murder
- Deadly dog attack prompts warning to other dog owners
- Updated Members of white supremacist group face federal charges
- Updated Police: Argument leads to man being intentionally struck by vehicle
- Updated Nazareth rollover crash injures two
- BB gun-toting vandals shooting out car windows in Reading
- Updated Mahoning Drive-in Theatre is open for business
- Updated Almost like summer at FirstEnergy Stadium
- Updated Man shot in Allentown Friday afternoon
- 88-year-young student celebrated at ESU