NORTH WHITEHALL TWP., Pa. - A Lehigh County bridge that's been closed for several years reopened Monday.
The Game Preserve Road Covered Bridge in North Whitehall Township was closed in November of 2009, due to structural deterioration.
Traffic was detoured onto Mill Creek Road and PA 309.
As part of the PennDOT restoration project, crews replaced the wooden structure with a combination of wood and steel. It cost a little over $1.8 million.
- Updated Former Phillies pitcher Jim Bunning Passes Away at 85
- Man's 'suspicious' death in Frackville ruled a homicide
- Body found in Schuylkill River in Cumru Township
- Holiday travelers will encounter rising prices at the pump
- Summer recipes on the grill
- Updated Gregg Allman of the Allman Brothers Band Dies at Age 69
- World War II veteran discusses issues faced by those returning from war
- 75-year-old man dies days after crash on Route 22
- Summer getaways in the Lehigh Valley
- Famed Berks wrestling coach gone, but not forgotten