BUSHKILL TWP., Pa. - Authorities were at a home in Bushkill Township Thursday morning in relation to a fatal shooting that occurred in Lehigh Township Wednesday night.
Pennsylvania State Police with the Bethlehem barracks confirmed police activity at a Cherry Court home in Bushkill Township. Authorities said only that it's in relation to Wednesday's shooting in the Cherryville section of Lehigh Township.
A man died from gunshot wounds and his wife was injured in the shooting.
Police vehicles could be seen leaving the area about 7:30 a.m.
Neighbors said they heard a loud bang about 5:30 a.m. and police speaking over a loudspeaker asking someone to come out of the house.
Lehigh Township Police Chief Scott Fogel said Wednesday the shooting occurred about 6:30 p.m. in the 500 block of Longacre Drive.
Fogel said Wednesday that authorities were fairly certain they knew the identity of the suspect and where the person may be, adding he did not believe the public is in danger.
The chief did not elaborate on who the name of the suspect.
- Updated Coroner on scene of house fire in Hamburg
- Updated Allentown schools facing $28.4 million deficit
- Chilly, breezy Friday with an afternoon rain or snow shower possible
- Berks man thanks team who saved his life
- Life Lessons: Unusual travel options
- Applications for Allentown mayor due Friday
- Penn State fraternity members due in court over hazing death
- Quakertown school board backtracks on furloughs
- Salisbury grants waiver for Swain School soccer field
- East Allen supervisors praise outgoing manager