UPPER SAUCON TWP., Pa. - A vehicle is lodged in a wooded area off Interstate 78 in Lehigh County.
Rescue crews were called just before 2 p.m. Tuesday to the interstate in Upper Saucon Township, just west of the Summit Lawn exit.
A vehicle left the highway and went down an embankment, a Lehigh County communications official confirmed.
A 69 News crew on the scene said the vehicle is lodged in brush off the side of the highway. It appears to be upside down.
So far, one helicopter has been called to the scene but another is standing by, a communications official said.
The interstate remains open to traffic. Crews are mostly on the side of the highway since the accident itself is off the road.
- 15 years has gone by fast for Freddy Awards
- Pennsylvania mushroom farms face labor shortage
- Despite terrible injury, NCC graduate never gave up
- Frackville police investigating man's 'suspicious' death
- Boyertown looks to enhance privacy in restrooms, locker rooms
- Updated Discover Lehigh Valley President addresses LVPC
- Allentown School Board considers tax hike to balance budget
- Umpire remembers Preston Rowe as 'outstanding young man'
- Berks County lawmakers explain Real ID law
- Allentown EMS crews honored