UPPER SAUCON TWP., Pa. - A vehicle is lodged in a wooded area off Interstate 78 in Lehigh County.
Rescue crews were called just before 2 p.m. Tuesday to the interstate in Upper Saucon Township, just west of the Summit Lawn exit.
A vehicle left the highway and went down an embankment, a Lehigh County communications official confirmed.
A 69 News crew on the scene said the vehicle is lodged in brush off the side of the highway. It appears to be upside down.
So far, one helicopter has been called to the scene but another is standing by, a communications official said.
The interstate remains open to traffic. Crews are mostly on the side of the highway since the accident itself is off the road.
An event with plenty of heart raised money for the American Heart Association Saturday night.Read More »
- 'Light the Way' celebration recognizes trailblazers in the community
- Local vineyard owners wary of warm weather
- Police searching for missing man in Bethlehem
- Bethlehem police searching for missing elderly man
- Lafayette College asks for temporary dorms amid rise in applicants
- Local movie experts preview the Oscars
- Cosby to ask judge for outside jury for criminal trial
- Updated Warming trend to start the week, but a few showers return tomorrow
- Albert Boscov remembered during memorial service
- Life Lessons: Swimming helps asthma
- Boscov: An American Story
- Strong storms, winds leave damage across the region
- Cold and calm overnight under mainly clear skies
- Cell phone store robbed at gunpoint
- Lehigh Valley Heart Ball raises money for American Heart Association
- Pink slips may await some Pennsylvania public universities