DANIELSVILLE, Pa. - Local Boy Scouts took their cardboard creating skills to the ski slope.
The annual Cardboard Box Derby was held at Blue Mountain Ski Area.
The scouts created sleds out of cardboard, string, and duct tape, decorated them and raced them down the slope.
Awards were given out for the three fastest, most creative, and the slowest sleds!
Organizers said the kids had a great time.
"Oh, it was a blast. The kids had fun, definitely have to go back to the drawing board and some re-designs for next year but it was fun, the kids had a blast," Paul Connolly said.
Connolly said the scouts come up with and put together the creations on their own.
- Lehigh Valley's wild Carpenter Cup ride ends on final day
- Andrew Pullin promoted to Lehigh Valley
- Police: Robbery suspect says 'sorry' before sticking up 7-Eleven
- Prosecutors to seek death penalty in fatal Palmer Twp. shooting
- DA orders grand jury investigation of fatal police shooting
- Northampton DA to hold news conference on fatal police shooting
- Updated DA orders grand jury investigation of fatal police shooting
- Fire destroys building, several vehicles in Berks
- Auditor faults Penn State's tuition hikes, admissions record
- Updated Suspect surrenders in stabbing of 2 teens in Reading
- Updated New Jersey lawmakers try again to raise smoking age to 21
- Bloomsbury man guilty in sex assault case involving child
- Updated Health Beat: New treatment for CMS
- Judge dismisses lawsuit against Reading School District
- Catty man allegedly exposes himself to teen, asks is she 'open minded'
- Privatizing Berks jail an option 'too tempting to ignore'